Join us in the historic Central Victorian Goldfields town of Maldon on the weekend of 5-6 March 2022 to celebrate the classic steel bike.
This will be the second staging of The Maldon Classic, an event that raises funds for the Maldon Hospital.
This year we have secured the Maldon Community Centre, a large, centrally located venue with plenty of indoor space to display your prized bicycles, knowing they will be secure over the weekend and out of the weather.
The Sunday morning supported ride will have a choice of either a 52km loop or a 35 km loop out of Maldon and return for a BBQ around lunchtime.
Whether you join us for the day, or make a weekend of it, there will be plenty to do.
Friday 4th - Setup
- 4-6 pm – Setup for bike display
Saturday 5th - Bike Display
- 8 am to 10 am – Setup for bike display
- 10:30 am – Show Opens. Display of classic steel bikes, open to the public
- 2:30 pm – Auction of a classic 1980s steel bicycle; advance bids can be registered prior to the auction
- 4 pm – Show Closes
- Remember to bring bike stand
Sunday 6th - Bike Ride
- Sunday 6th March 2022 starting from Maldon Community Centre
- Registration from 8:30 am to 9:20 am
- Ride Briefing 9:20 am
- Rides starts at 9:30 am
Join us for a ride through the beautiful countryside around Maldon. For both the short and longer ride there will be a common aid station at Hamilton’s Crossing, one of the quieter crossings of the Loddon River below Lake Cairn Curran. From the aid station back to town is approximately 18km and this is where the uphill sections of the ride happen.
At the end of the ride, back at the Community Centre, there will be a BBQ lunch and cold drink starting from 12 noon. This is included in your ride entry.
The rides will have direction indicators at all intersections and professional traffic management arrangements will be in place. The rides will not involve road closures and all road rules must be obeyed. Much of the riding is on quieter back roads.
Whilst we want as many classic steel bikes to come out on the ride as is possible, all bikes (whether steel alloy or carbon) are welcome to join in the ride.
Entry can be paid on the day or book here
- Weekend Pass (Bike Show display and ride on Sunday) – $40
- Display at bike show only – $15
- Public Entry to show only – $5
- Ride Entry only – $35
Remember to bring a display stand for your bike if you have one. We will have limited stands available for hire or sale, but we cannot guarantee stock for all.